Introducing an Exciting New Resource to Help You Take Great Care of Your Catin Feline
VCA Animal Wellness Center of Maple Grove is proud of our affiliation with the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and our designation as a Gold Status Cat Friendly Practice. We are pleased to announce that AAFP has launched a new resource for cat parents called The Cat Community. You can find The Cat Community at the website catfriendly.com.
As a cat caregiver, you can learn about the innate behavior of cats, why routine veterinary care is so important, and tips on how to take the best possible care of your feline friend. Some of the topics available for research on the website include:
- Cat Care at Home: Settling into a routine with your new cat doesn’t just happen overnight. You need information about nutrition, grooming, litter box use, play, life stages, medication, how to make your cat feel secure, and much more. Just click on the tab for each sub-heading to learn more about the topic.
- Keep Your Cat Healthy: This section provides resources about choosing a veterinarian, what to expect at a visit, parasite prevention, vaccines, the importance of choosing a Cat Friendly Practice, and other general health-related issues.
- Diseases: It’s heartbreaking when your cat isn’t feeling good and you don’t know why. In this section, you can find signs and symptoms of common diseases as well as detailed information about diabetes, feline leukemia, rabies, hyperthyroidism, and other more serious diseases that afflict cats. You will also learn more about prevention and treatment options that you can discuss with your cat’s veterinarian at VCA Animal Wellness Center.
- Why Does My Cat Do That?: Behavior that makes perfect sense to a cat is often puzzling to their human family members. If you’re struggling to understand why your cat hisses, stalks, stays up all night, won’t use the litterbox, or another common issue, then this is the section for you. You will gain a better understanding of your cat’s behavior as well as find possible solutions to frustrating problems.
- Be a Cat Friendly Caregiver: Certain things, such as traveling, taking your cat to the vet, and even petting your cat are easier when you understand how the feline mind operates. This section offers several resources for making life as comfortable and stress-free as possible for your cat, including the importance of choosing a Cat Friendly Practice.
- The Toy Box: Here you will find checklists, polls, quizzes, adorable photos of cats, and much more. When it comes to caring for your cat, you can never have too much knowledge.
Trackback URL for this blog entry.